We are happily rolling out the new update 1.17.0 that contains important fixes and improvements, mainly for Mi Band 2, but not only. Let's go through them.
1. For Mi Band 2:
- You can configure which items on the screen are visible.
- It's possible to allow the screen to highlight when you lift your wrist.
- You can configure activity reminder, enable and disable it, set when it should work.
2. Everywhere around the app now we show date and time in your regional format settings. In the same format it should be visible on the screen of your Mi Band 2.
3. Now it's possible to set up to 10 alarms for Mi Band 2 (and up to 3 for older bands, as it was before).
4. Major fixes in synchronization for both Mi Band 2 and Mi Band 1.
5. Small stability, speed and UX fixes.
Well, it's quite a long list. We hope that you will like the changes.
Some other info regarding Mi Band 2.
It seems like that in the latest public firmware we have even more settings for display, like date displaying and "do not disturb" mode. We will add that in future releases, please, be sure. The same concerns firmware update for Mi Band 2.
Talking about the smart alarm in Mi Band 2, as users are reporting, it doesn't work. We can only say that we submit this setting to the band, but it seems to be not supported by firmware or hardware. That brings some confusion, so maybe we will remove the setting from alarm configuration in future.
And coming back to vibration on push-notifications...
They seem to work (woohoo!) and we plan to publish first builds containing this feature during September. We know that you are eager to try that, so as soon, as we have something reliable to show, we will present a public beta-version. Well, that's the plan and hopefully, everything will go fine.
Have a wonderful September!
UPDATE 1.17.1: Translations update and improvements on sleep tracking for Mi Band 2.
UPDATE 1.17.2: Translations update and improvements on sleep tracking.